Monday, May 23, 2011

The Ugly Truth...

Ever since the competition at work ended I have struggled to stay motivated and that lack of motivation (aka SHEER LAZINESS) has caused me to gain back about half of the 17 pounds I had lost. I can blame it on depression, stress over finances, stress in general...whatever. Whatever you call it, they are excuses.

THE UGLY TRUTH: I am a lazy person. I love the comfort found on my couch, in front of my TV/computer, or in a book. To get up and go outside and work in the yard or take a walk... to do something, anything that burns calories, requires motivation and energy. Something I haven't had in quite a while.

Ugly Truth #2. I am addicted to food. Sugar, chocolate, pop, simple carbs, starches. The worse it is for me the more I love it. The SIMPLE truth is, is that if I were to give these up alot of my issues would clear up. Sugar is a depressant, so is caffeine. Simple carbs are found in your pastas and refined foods which help bulk you up. They are hard on your digestion. HFCS anyone?!?!
 
What I need to remember is that in order to build up motivation and energy, I need to eat right, exercise, get plenty of rest, and take my vitamins. These all help to build on one another. The more I exercise, the better I feel. The better I feel, the better I want to eat...and vice versa. Exercise, rest, and a healthy diet also help fight off depression and lower stress levels. And while I'm being honest with myself, I need to journal. If I don't keep track of what I eat, I go all willy nilly and eat a whole bag of M&M's. I absolutely hate journalling! It's torture.


GOD GRANT ME
The COURAGE to make the changes I need to make,
The STRENGTH I need to persevere,
And the WISDOM to make the right decisions.  
AMEN.
 
Remember ~ CHANGE REQUIRES RISK!!! 
 
Lets face it, no one ever got fat from eating steamed broccoli. Gassy and bloated maybe, but not fat.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment