Thursday, February 23, 2012

God Bless Texas

Texas has been really hard on my diet. Maybe its the fact that I'm not working right now, but I generally spend my days either at my computer, or out galivanting with my mother and my aunt. Just yesterday, we met my cousin for lunch, did some running around and then five of us went out to dinner. Yes I know, I could have ordered salads, but these places were not exactly conducive to decent salads. One place was a bar (gotta have a bar burger) and the other was this little diner out in the middle of nowheresville. The menu selection was....well... let's just say slim pickings in the healthy food department. Fried, fried, fried.
I hope I get a job soon. I don't know how much more of the going out to lunch and dinner my wallet and waist line can afford. I love spending the time with my family though. We're a good group of people.

My sister called and asked me to be her diet buddy. I am going to get online and check out the Dr. Oz/Weight Watchers thing and see how that works. Dr. Oz had on his show a few weeks ago, a way to boost your metabolism. The video is for Raspberry Ketones. http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/miracle-fat-burner-bottle. Since Dr. Oz had them on his show, they are very hard to find. Most places have them on back order or don't know when they will get them in again. However, Mom and I found some yesterday at a local store and we are both going to try them. In the above video, Dr Oz demonstrates how the Ketones are supposed to help shrink your fat cells and boost your metabolism. Pretty cool demonstration. They are all natural, so there should be no side effects. Here's hoping.

Well this girl has lots to do today and needs to get at it. First up, a second cup of coffee.

Toodles,
Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Yep, first a second cup of coffee! That's my girl. Seriously, the no excuses "diet" just has to be one that you can LIVE on. In other words, it can't be measure this and weigh that and oh, no sugar and no fat. Come on! Who could or would want to live on that forever? Not you and not me. The diet for life has to be YOUR choices of food, limit the serving size to a healthy size and then MOVE. Everyday, for a few minutes is far better than so strenuous you quit after day 3. (or day 2, in my case).
    Weight control, imho, isn't rocket science and quick fixes or miracle substances aren't going to bring you long term effects. Long term means smaller portions and activity of 10 to 15 minutes (non-stop) every day. It's pretty simple and you can do it. Want a piece of chocolate cake? Have it. Then eat sparingly and protein based the rest of the day and take a half hours walk. Done. Not impossible, not even difficult, just a matter of seeing yourself slimmer and never letting go of that picture in your mind. Post one if you can't keep it fresh in your mind. You can do this Leslie, you know everything I said here is true and you know it works. Stop looking so hard for something easy. Just do what works. ♥ you a ton and I want a healthy you, no excuses!

    ReplyDelete