Wednesday, February 3, 2010

YAY ME!! I lost 2 pounds....

Don't hate me because I'm skinny! Ok, so I'm not skinny...not yet...but I'm getting there. ;-p

Tonight was my weekly weigh-in. I lost 2.2 pounds this week. I am so proud of myself. You should have seen me. Practically walking on air. I ran out to the lobby and threw my two glass pebbles (one for each pound) into the jar. "clink! clink!" I love that sound.

This past week was a tough week. I worked a ton of hours and got very little exercise. What helped me out was following my meal plan. I ate very well, lots of salad, fresh fruit, AND yes there were even a couple of days when I drank ALL 64 ounces of water. I drank, and drank, and drank... and peed, and peed, and peed some more.

What will my motivation be for the coming week? My motivation is to see another loss on the scale next week. Looking better and feeling better are great motivators. Jeans getting to be too big...AWESOME motivator. I need to remember my future goals and to remember how I felt when I was at my heaviest.

At 235, I was sad, had a horrible self image and I got winded walking up the stairs. I didn't want to go anywhere, see anyone, or even look in the mirror. My knees hurt. It was hard to find clothing that didn't look like a blind clown designed it for an 80 yr old. Question: Why is it the bigger you are, the gaudier the print??? As if we don't all ready feel like we stick out like a sore thumb, they gotta stick us in prints you can see from outter space. Yeesh!

So to finish up for tonight, I would like to leave you with a quote from Stuart Smalley (of all people)...

You're good enough,
You're smart enough,
And doggone it
People really like you!

- Saturday Night Live
 
Nite all,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment