Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Humpty Dumpty & Negative Self Talk

I always start back dieting with good intentions. Then something happens and I hit the proverbial wall. I feel a little bit like Humpty Dumpty. Broken into a million pieces. Difference is I don't have the kings horse's and all the king's men to put me back together again.

I stepped on the scale yesterday. Almost everything that I had lost, I found. All but 4 pounds. I walked away from the scale calling my self a loser, a failure, stupid, gluttonous. FATSO. I can't even lose weight right. Big dummy. An on and on it went.  

I got to work, got busy and tried to put the disaster from the scale out of my mind. I was still upset with myself and had to take a break. A potty break. As I was sitting on the throne, I had a little conversation with God. Dear Jesus, I need your help. I can't do this alone. Please give me the desire, strength, courage, and wisdom to shed this weight. Not only the pounds, but the weight of my negative attitude and self talk. The hymn Fill My Cup, Lord started playing in my mind.

Fill my cup, Lord. I lift it up Lord
Come and Quench this thirsting of my soul
Bread of Heaven, feed me till I want no more
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole.

I felt immediate peace. I'm claiming Your promise Jesus. Please fill my cup with your blessings. Quench my thirsty soul with your love and knowledge of you. Feed me from your word Lord. Fill me up and make me whole.

I know that God loves me and will help me with this. He will never leave me to deal with this on my own. I will stumble again, but God will give me the strength to get back up and start all over again.

I do need to change my weigh (pun intended) of thinking and He can and will help me. Loving myself isn't going to happen over night and neither is losing all this weight. Good thing He loves me enough for the both of us.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.



I may not have all of the King's Horse's and All of the King's men to put me together again. I have someone better. I have the KING!

Blessings.
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment