Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I weigh 211.2

Yep, That's right. I said it. I weigh 211.2. And that's not the heaviest I have ever been. A few years ago I weighed in at 235 and with the help of Weight Watchers and Curves, I lost 50 lbs. Feeling confident, I decided to go it alone. I knew how to eat, I would continue to work out, but I would do the diet on my own. BIG MISTAKE!! Within a year, I had gained 20 of the original 50 back. Since then I have been gaining and losing the same 15 pounds.



In May of last year, feeling hopeless and fat, I decided to join Jenny Craig. NO, no, no, I assure you this is not an advertisement for Jenny Craig, although their food is wonderful and having a consultant to help me through my stumbles and praise me for my wins is a tremendous help. Natalie Rocks! As Natalie says, "I'm gonna rock the JC!!" and I sure hope she's right. So how am I doing since I joined JC? Well, I have lost a grand total of - brace yourself - 10 pounds. See I told you this was not an advertisement!



Today, I am re-booting myself and rededicating myself to my weight loss. I'm going to stick with Jenny. I went in for my weigh-in tonight and the dreaded 211.2 showed up on the scale. I asked Natalie to take my measurements. 47-42-47. (YIKES!!) I am beyond mortified to post this, but I am taking a page out of The Biggest Loser handbook. They made the contestants weigh in in front of their friends and family. I am hoping that by doing this, it will help to motivate me. Maybe I will inspire you! I thank you in advance for all of your love and support.



Motivation, now that I have to work on. What will be my motivation? Better health? Smaller clothes? Get rid of my spare tire? YES. YES. YES. Snag me a man? OH HECK YA!! LOL. Being happy in my own skin? Most definitely YES!



I will be posting pictures of my progress throughout. Don't worry, unlike the contestants on The Biggest Loser, I promise you won't have to look at me wearing a sports bra and bike shorts. Bleecchh!

My ultimate goal is to reach 160 and train for a 5K. I hope to post about my ups and downs, my weight loss :) or God forbid, my weight gain :( and if I run across some yummy recipes along the way, I'll post them too.

Psalms 139:14 I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.

God Bless You!


No comments:

Post a Comment