Friday, January 7, 2011

Below the Yellow Line

IF I was on the Biggest Loser Ranch, I would have fallen below the YELLOW LINE

We had our weigh-in today at work. Everyone lost!!! I think its great and I want so very much to be happy for them, and I am BUT reality has set in. I have to lose almost twice what they do to get the same results. Most of the girls weigh 80 - 100 pounds less than I do and they lost almost the same amount of weight as I did. They certainly lost a higher percentage of weight than me. Good job girls! I am proud of you.

I am eating well, tracking my food, keeping my snacks to a minimum (darn it!!). I'm down to one jug of coffee a day. Getting most of my water in...most of the time. I haven't had pop in forever (Sunday), and today was the first day I've had chocolate since Monday.

I guess its time to start the exercising. The dreaded, sweaty, time away from my couch and everything that is comfy, exercising. I know I need to do it. I MUST do it to get this weight off of me. I am hoping to find something that peaks/keeps my interest. I have a yoga for beginners DVD I want to do. I wouldn't mind trying Zumba. Aye Ca rumba! I have a treadmill that is just sitting. It's time to dust it off, put on my running shoes and get to getting...off of my lazy butt.

Somethings I have to remember: I didn't put this weight on overnight, I'm not going to take it off overnight. This is MY journey and what/how they do CAN NOT affect how I do going forward. I must keep moving forward. We are there to support one another and even though this is a competition, it can not about the money for me. It has to be about restoring my health and living like a healthy 38 year old should.
"FAILURE TO PLAN, IS PLANNING TO FAIL"
It's time to start planning and preparing meals and packing my lunches the night before. It is so much easier to grab a carrot that's all ready cut up or to grab a bowl of salad that's all ready made. I am going to start cooking a couple meals on the weekend and those left-overs will be my lunches and dinners throughout the first part of the week.

This is the start of my journey. OK, so technically its the RE-start of my journey, but this time its baby steps and figuring it out as I go. Varying my exercise and meals to stave off the boredom. This isn't going to be easy and I can not quit this time.
"Ain't no mountain high enough, Ain't no valley low enough"....

No comments:

Post a Comment