Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weekly Weigh-in...Week 2

(Insert timpani drum roll here)......And the scale reads:

236.6

I have no idea why the scale did not move. It must be the dreaded week two. My body is fighting against me and the changes I am making. My body is used to getting poor nutrition and absolutely no exercise. I have been careful to track my food everyday, holding myself accountable for every morsel that I put in my mouth. I have a job where I sit on my butt all day (that doesn't help!). I walked on my treadmill twice last week and did a mile each time. Its time to step it up. Get to the gym. Throw my body into complete and total chaos!

The good news: I didn't gain any weight.

As much as it pains me that I didn't lose any weight, I am happy that I didn't gain any either. I could very easily use this as a reason to give up. I normally would but... 

I REFUSE TO LET OBESITY WIN.

I am taking the big ugly red bull by the horns. I will drag him up and down Mt. Everest with me if I have to. I will not allow him to get me down. He WILL NOT WIN. He CAN NOT WIN.

Erica the nutritionist came into the office this week. Did you know you are supposed to get 9 to 13 servings of fruit and veggies a day??? Mostly veggies. Women shouldn't eat more than 3 to 4 servings of fruit a day. She went over food labels and how much water we should get in us. She talked a lot about Greek yogurt. It's full of protein and has zero fat. You can use plain greek yogurt in place of oil when baking. Some of what she told us was a refresher course. Its crazy how much of this I know and just don't put into practice.   

Side Note: I stepped on the scale this morning and it was four pounds lighter than yesterday. Unfortunately, yesterday was the official weigh in! Go figure. Here's to next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment