Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Water up to my eyeballs...

I am so proud of myself.

I drank 10 glasses of water today. That's 80 ounces!!!! Of course I had to pee a million times, that is the down-side of drinking so much. The upside. Is there an upside? You bet! My skin will clear up, my kidneys will clean out and take all those lovely toxins with them, better brain function, better sleep (if I don't have to get up to pee during the night), and my joints will function better. Oh yeah, did I mention weight loss? Flush the fat too!

I was reading somewhere today that you are supposed to take your body weight and divide it in two and that is how many ounces of water you are supposed to drink a day.

241 pounds / 2 = 120.5 OUNCES OF WATER... A DAY!!!!

Are you kidding me??? That's almost a GALLON of water. You might as well hook me up to an IV and stick me on a potty because that is the only way you are getting 120 ounces in me. I'm lucky to get 32 in me most days. The best part of this theory is that as I reach the top of the proverbial mountain, I get to drink less and less!

Biggest Loser Competition - Our next weigh-in is this Friday. Honestly, I'm not sure how I'm going to do. I'm hoping for at least 1.5 lb loss. I've kept my calories to around 1300, but I haven't been exercising and exercise is a HUGE part of weight loss. For today I am proud that I ate well and drank wisely. Exercise...well, maybe later!
I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man. ~Henry David Thoreau
The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. ~Isak Dinesen

No comments:

Post a Comment